From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Louise Johnson
via Jfw
Sent: November 8, 2015 2:28 PM
To: jaws List <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Louise Johnson <herclouise@shaw.ca>
Subject: FW: [b-f] driving home

From: blind-friends [mailto:blind-friends-bounces@emissives.com] On Behalf
Of John Allen via blind-friends
Sent: November 8, 2015 10:28 AM
Cc: BUSHIDO988@aol.com
Subject: [b-f] driving home

driving home

This was written by a Metro Denver Hospice Physician a few years ago:

I was driving home from a meeting this evening about 5, stuck in traffic on
Colorado Blvd., and the car started to choke and splutter and die - I barely
managed to coast into a gas station, glad only that I would not be blocking
traffic and would have a somewhat warm spot to wait for the tow truck. It
wouldn't
even turn over. Before I could make the call, I saw a woman walking out of
the quickie mart building, and it looked like she slipped on some ice and
fell
into a gas pump, so I got out to see if she was okay

When I got there, it looked more like she had been overcome by sobs than
that she had fallen; she was a young woman who looked really haggard with
dark
circles under her eyes. She dropped something as I helped her up, and I
picked it up to give it to her. It was a nickel.

At that moment, everything came into focus for me: the crying woman, the
ancient Suburban crammed full of stuff with 3 kids in the back (1 in a car
seat),
and the gas pump reading $4.95.

I asked her if she was okay and if she needed help, and she just kept saying
'I don't want my kids to see me crying,' so we stood on the other side of
the pump from her car. She said she was driving to California and that
things were very hard for her right now. So I asked, 'And you were praying?'
That
made her back away from me a little, but I assured her I was not a crazy
person and said, 'He heard you, and He sent me.'

I took out my card and swiped it through the card reader on the pump so she
could fill up her car completely, and while it was fueling, walked to the
next
door McDonald's and bought 2 big bags of food, some gift certificates for
more, and a big cup of coffee. She gave the food to the kids in the car, who
attacked it like wolves, and we stood by the pump eating fries and talking a
little.

She told me her name, and that she lived in Kansas City Her boyfriend left 2
months ago and she had not been able to make ends meet. She knew she
wouldn't
have money to pay rent Jan. 1, and finally in desperation had finally called
her parents, with whom she had not spoken in about 5 years. They lived in
California and said she could come live with them and try to get on her feet
there.

So she packed up everything she owned in the car. She told the kids they
were going to California for Christmas, but not that they were going to live
there.

I gave her my gloves, a little hug and said a quick prayer with her for
safety on the road. As I was walking over to my car, she said, 'So, are you
like
an angel or something?'

This definitely made me cry. I said, 'Sweetie, at this time of year angels
are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people.'

It was so incredible to be a part of someone else's miracle. And of course,
you guessed it, when I got in my car it started right away and got me home
with no problem. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow to check, but I suspect
the mechanic won't find anything wrong.

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter
of their wings...

Psalms 55:22 'Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He
shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.'