From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2015 10:48 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Ann Byrne
Subject: Re: Chrome and bookmarks/favorites

In windows 7, Favorites can be accessed by pressing Windows key, then tab, then enter, then 'f' or down arrowing to the favorites
list. This should be independent of your browser. So if you just
want one favorite, it might be faster to go that way.
At 10:35 AM 11/7/2015, you wrote:

Which explains why Eric Damery still advises JAWS users to avoid
Chrome. As far as he is concerned, Chrome is still not ready yet for
prime time.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Adrian Spratt via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2015 10:51 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Adrian Spratt
Subject: Chrome and bookmarks/favorites

Hi.

I can't get favorites, which Chrome calls bookmarks, to work as quickly
as they do in IE. Here's what I've figured out so far. I hope the gaps
can be filled in.

You get to bookmarks by pressing alt for the menu, then arrowing down.
Press enter on bookmarks. Here, I'm told that the shortcut
control-shift-b brings up bookmarks, but that shortcut isn't working on
my system when I'm outside this menu. Each time I have to go through
the menu.

In IE, I press alt-a to bring up my favorites list, and first-letter
navigation works. I can't find anything this simple using Chrome.

One item in the bookmarks submenu allows you to import favorites
settings. I clicked on this, tabbed through the options, and was told
at the end that I was successful. However, nothing seems to have been
imported.

Any ideas?