Re: Spell check, quick keys command

Peter Tesar

Thanksfor the info.

Peter T.

On 2015-11-06 10:49 PM, Ann Byrne via Jfw wrote:
Remember that Quick Key Navigation is toggled on and off with JAWS KEY-Z. All Navigation Quick Keys can be reversed with SHIFT. Move to the previous item by adding SHIFT to the below commands.

· Bookmark B
· Checkbox X
· Combo Box C
· Comment N
· Edit Field E
· Field F
· Footnote O
· Grammatical Error A
· Graphic G
· Heading H
· Paragraph P
· Revision R
· Section S
· Spelling Error M
· Table T

At 08:46 PM 11/6/2015, you wrote:
Hello,

I tried the 2 quick keys options (in spell check) and only one works.

In WORD 2013, I typed the following line with 4 deliberate mistakes:
the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog

I never used F7 for the spell check.

I toggled on the quick keys with ctrl+z
Then I pressed the letter "m" and heard the misspelled word followed by the entire line.
Repeated pressing of "m" gave me the next misspelled word

The alt+l does not give a list of misspelled words. I believe that the quick command is alt plus l.
Are there any other quick keys commands. I can't find anything about quick keys in the JAWS help.

Peter T

On 2015-11-05 9:58 AM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I hit Alt L, and it said message, so here it is. I guess it does
different things. It could be that I'd have to hit F7 first, then Alt L
to get the list?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

On 2015-11-04 10:03 PM, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw wrote:
Peter, do you press F7 for Spell Check?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

On 2015-11-03 10:26 PM, Ann Byrne via Jfw wrote:
There are JAWS hotkeys that work with spell check. turn on quick keys
with insert-z. Alt-l will list misspelled words. 'm' by itself will
take you to the next misspelled word. After you corect it, though,
you have to do insert-z again before the spell check keys.
At 07:04 PM 11/3/2015, you wrote:
Hi,

I upgraded to Office 2016 yesterday. Outlook works only occasionally.
Most
of the time when you open a message, you can't read the message.
JAWS just says, "blank". 2016 had to be uninstalled and office 2013
reinstalled. Word in 2016 seemed to work all right. They have not
improved the spell checker though. Just like 2013. No alt-key to use.

Gennie