Re: Google Chrome is totally accessible

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Are these improvements in Chrome due to efforts by Google or Freedom Scientific? Thanks, Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of ratshtron via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 9:47 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: ratshtron
Subject: Re: Google Chrome is totally accessible

its great under windows 7 32 bit. i kept having trouble with firefox from the last update with jaws so i switched. internet explorer got very sluggish with jaws so i started using firefox but now google crome is much better with jaws.

Legend has it that on Thursday 11/5/2015 09:31 AM, Marshall Scott via Jfw said:
How accessible is Chrome under Windows 7?
Thanks,
Marshall

On Nov 5, 2015, at 2:49 AM, David Moore via Jfw
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi all.
I have been experimenting with Google Chrome Browser, and I have
found that it is very accessible and easy to use. More than that, I
can open the same web site in half the time as with IE or Firefox.
It never crashes, and it is more stable than any other browser. It is
the best browser when it comes to streaming videos and other media by
far. The video never pauses for example. In IE, the same video pauses
a few times for a few seconds. Also, Google Chrome is the easiest
browser to use. Yes, I am not kidding. Simply press enter on the
browser, and the home page opens. I have mine set to Google of course.
Now, just press alt and the screen reader will say chrome button. If
you press down arrow, every setting and menu you will ever need is in
that one vertical column. The history, delete history, book marks, are
all in that one vertical menu just by pressing the alt key on the home
page. All navigation JAWS short cut keys work in Google Chrome. I have
not found anything yet that is n ot
accessible. Also, every JAWS key command works in Chrome just
like in IE. You can just press alt + D for the address bar for
example. I will continue to play around with Google Chrome a little
more, and I will be ready to do an Audio tutorial for you guys. You
will not believe just how much better Google Chrome is over any other
browser. You will hear it with your own ears when I send you the
tutorial probably by Friday. I know some of you will use Chrome as
your default browser. God bless and have a great night. Talk to all of
you soon.