Re: Google Chrome is totally accessible

Greg Nickel

I'm using JAWS 14 and win 7. Does Chrome work well with 14? -----Original
Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of ratshtron via
Jfw
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 7:47 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: ratshtron
Subject: Re: Google Chrome is totally accessible

its great under windows 7 32 bit. i kept having trouble with firefox
from the last update with jaws so i switched. internet explorer got
very sluggish with jaws so i started using firefox but now google
crome is much better with jaws.

Legend has it that on Thursday 11/5/2015 09:31 AM, Marshall Scott via Jfw
said:
How accessible is Chrome under Windows 7?
Thanks,
Marshall

On Nov 5, 2015, at 2:49 AM, David Moore via Jfw
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi all.
I have been experimenting with Google Chrome Browser, and I have
found that it is very accessible and easy to use. More than that, I
can open the same web site in half the time as with IE or Firefox.
It never crashes, and it is more stable than any other browser. It
is the best browser when it comes to streaming videos and other
media by far. The video never pauses for example. In IE, the same
video pauses a few times for a few seconds. Also, Google Chrome is
the easiest browser to use. Yes, I am not kidding. Simply press
enter on the browser, and the home page opens. I have mine set to
Google of course. Now, just press alt and the screen reader will
say chrome button. If you press down arrow, every setting and menu
you will ever need is in that one vertical column. The history,
delete history, book marks, are all in that one vertical menu just
by pressing the alt key on the home page. All navigation JAWS short
cut keys work in Google Chrome. I have not found anything yet that is n
ot
accessible. Also, every JAWS key command works in Chrome just
like in IE. You can just press alt + D for the address bar for
example. I will continue to play around with Google Chrome a little
more, and I will be ready to do an Audio tutorial for you guys. You
will not believe just how much better Google Chrome is over any
other browser. You will hear it with your own ears when I send you
the tutorial probably by Friday. I know some of you will use Chrome
as your default browser. God bless and have a great night. Talk to
all of you soon.