Win 10 casualty, Device Manager does not recognize the DVD drive.

Peter Tesar

Hello,

My desktop has 2 hard drives. I can connect and disconnect them at will.
Both had Windows 7 and each drive used to recognize the DVD drive.

Now, with the Windows 10 upgrade to the primary drive, the DVD drive is not recognized.
Device Manager does not show a DVD drive at all.

When I switch to the test drive, the DVD drive is recognized. .
The test drive still has Windows 7. The Auto play works and the Device Manager shows the DVD drive.

Both drives share the same desktop architecture. The problem can only be the Windows 10 that cannot recognize the drive.

This is a warning.

Peter T.