Re: Differences: Win 10 on 2 computers, no DVD drive displayed.

Peter Tesar

On the PC that does not recognize the DVD drive, there is an audio/music disk inserted.

"This PC" shows Local Drives C: and D:. No DVD drive.

In the command prompt, I typed the followingon the command line:
vol e:
vol f:
vol g:

In each case the message is:

I tried the search box using the Windows key:
The message is:
cannot communicate with the scanner, ...

From the run box using Windows+r I get:
E: is not available, be sure the drive is connected..

I no longer have access to the DVD drive on the one computer. The other computer shows the DVD drive in "This PC" but the auto play still does not work.

Peter T

On 2015-11-01 8:22 PM, Soronel Haetir via Jfw wrote:
Is there actually a disk in the drive? Many systems are set to hide
empty drives.

On 11/1/15, Ann Byrne via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Try typing into the search box:
d:

See if windows can find it.

Or go to run, which is still windows-r and type in the letter of the
DVD drive--presumably but not certainly d:.

Good luck!
At 05:53 PM 11/1/2015, you wrote:
Hello,

I now have Windows 10 and the latest JAWS 17 installedon 2 computers.

On the desktop, "This PC" displays the local drives. On 1 computer,
the DVD drive is displayed while on the other it is not.

I cannot access a DVD if it is not displayed in "This PC".

The other problem is that, since upgrading to Windows 10, the auto
play no longer works on both computers.

The:
use auto play for all media ...
is checked.