Re: Differences: Win 10 on 2 computers, no DVD drive displayed.

Soronel Haetir

Is there actually a disk in the drive? Many systems are set to hide
empty drives.

On 11/1/15, Ann Byrne via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Try typing into the search box:
d:

See if windows can find it.

Or go to run, which is still windows-r and type in the letter of the
DVD drive--presumably but not certainly d:.

Good luck!
At 05:53 PM 11/1/2015, you wrote:
Hello,

I now have Windows 10 and the latest JAWS 17 installedon 2 computers.

On the desktop, "This PC" displays the local drives. On 1 computer,
the DVD drive is displayed while on the other it is not.

I cannot access a DVD if it is not displayed in "This PC".

The other problem is that, since upgrading to Windows 10, the auto
play no longer works on both computers.

The:
use auto play for all media ...
is checked.