From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Peter Tesar
via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2015 6:55 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Peter Tesar <ptesar@ca.inter.net>
Subject: Just switched to WORD 2013, any more hot keys suggestions?

Hello,

I just switched from WORD 2003 to 2013. The menu bar has been changed to
a ribbon menu for some years now. These ribbons are proving to be an
initial hurdle. I'm tabbing and arrowing in a fruitless search for what
I want.

When the ribbons first came out, Ihad heard that you could use some of
the old Menu Bar hot keys, but that isn't exactly true.

Alt+F doesn't bring up the old File menu.

Some of you provided the hot keys for changing the font.

How do I do a "save as"? That was in the File menu.
If I do a "alt+f a" I get a save as tab. There is no edit field.

How do I open a file? The ctrl+o gives me the open tab and recently
opened documents.
There is no edit field to type in the drive, path file-name that I used
to do.

I got started by using the tree to select an existing WORD document
It was opened by WORD. I could then open it as a recent document.

I just found the JAWS training, as DAISY books. These can be downloaded
so I downloaded the VirtualRibbonMenus.exe. It is an executable file.
How do I get it into a DAISY book format to transfer to my DAISY player?

Thanks for any help.
Peter T.