Re: Using the web browser with jaws for email

David Moore

Hi there,
You do not have to up grade your JAWS. Version 13 will be fine. I have found many similar tricks that work on all web mail sites. The first link you want to look for is settings. Enter on settings and find simple layout and check that. Most web mail sites have it set on a more visual layout by default, so it really helps to have the web mail site on simple layout. To open an email, just press enter on the link for it. There will always be a link for each email. When you enter on the link for a particular email, a new web page will open where you can read the entire email. After you are done, press the back space to go back to the previous page where your emails are. Now, right before the link for each email, there will be a check box that is always unchecked. If you press space bar to check the message, there will be links that will do different things with that message. For example, there will be a link that says delete, and you can press the link to delete the checked message. So, each message will have a check box first, and right after the check box, there will be a link to inter on to open the message. Here are some tricks. First, press F7 to display a list of links. arrow down through the links until you here a message link. enter on the link and read that message. The link for that message will give a brief discription of that message. Press back space to go back to the email page and check the box for the message you just read and press the delete link. The message is now in the trash. The next trick is to use place markers. Set a place marker on the delete link when a message is checked. Now, you can just press K to go right to the delete and press enter. You should also set a place marker on the links for the folders. There are links for all the different folders. You can always press Insert + F7 to go to the list of links and find the folder links. I hope this helps a little and please ask more questions. Remember, every email on the page has a link that you can just enter on. For all of this to work, though, you must have simple layout checked on the page. Take care.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:20 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Subject: RE: Using the web browser with jaws for email

I am only using jaws 13 with windows 7 on this machine. Should I upgrade to
a newer version of jaws, or shouldn't that matter.

My real problem is opening an email, replying and such. Are there specific
commands for those types of things? Thanks.

From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of David Moore
via Jfw
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:16 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: David Moore
Subject: Re: Using the web browser with jaws for email

Hi John,
I use the web site to do all I need to do with emails. It is very accessible
if you use all of the JAWS commands for the Internet. The best way to get
around the web site quickly, is to use heading navigation, pressing the
letter X for check boxes and so on. Let me know if I can help you further.

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:00 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Subject: Using the web browser with jaws for email

Hi:
For years I've used Microsoft outlook for emails. Are any of you using the
web browser for email successfully with jaws?
Thanks.
John Fioravanti,

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.