From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Peter Tesar
via Jfw
Sent: 15 October 2015 20:39
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Peter Tesar
Subject: Re: do I need sighted assistance to upgrade to windows 10

Hello,

before you try to upgrade to Windows 10, FS recommends that you first
run their program to remove all earlier components before the current
JAWS 16.

First update your JAWS 16 and then download and run:
fsPrepareWin10_enu.exe

You will then have the most recent JAWS 16 running which gives you
control while upgrading to Windows 10.

I used the MS creation tool. While download (50 minutes) I used JAWS to
give me the progress percentage.

Once the computer restarts, there is no JAWS. It would be easier for
sighted assistance to watch what is happening. After the installis
complete, the computer will reboot a few times.

This took me another 50 minutes.
Then you can turn on the narrator. For me it was the hot key ctrl plus
ENTER.

Somewhere before the first reboot, you canchoose the:
keep all personal files and programs.

Once you have Windows 10 coming up with JAWS 16, you can then install
the JAWS 17 beta. Warning, with the first JAWS 17 beta, the
authorization key was removed. JAWS 16 and 17 beta came up in demo mode.

There is now a second JAWS 17 beta and I don't know if this problem has
been fixed.

Peter T

On 2015-10-15 9:30 AM, Paul Lemm via Jfw wrote:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply, what is the media creation tool? Is that just the
standard windows upgrade program that will run when I click to upgrade
windows or is it something separate I need to download?

Paul