From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Tom Lange via
Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 8:09 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Tom Lange
Subject: Re: Problem with New JAWS v16.0.4463 and Outlook 2010

Hi Paul. I installed build 4463 and took it for a spin with Outlook 2010 on
my Windows 8.1 machine and it worked fine. Everything read as I expected it
too. I was, however, using the default view that I always use.

How is your Outlook view different from the default? Just curious.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 14, 2015, at 12:45 PM, Paul Martz via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
wrote:

Hi all. I have my Outlook mailbox views set up as grid views, one line
per message, with columns for attachment, sender, subject, received
date, and size. It's not the default view, but I imagine it's a fairly
common customization that many Outlook users employ.

Prior to today's v16.0.4463 upgrade, as I arrowed to each message,
JAWS would say the word "unread" if the message is unread, followed by
the sender's name, followed by the subject, received date, and size.
Basically it would read every column for the highlighted email message.

After the upgrade, this is no longer the case. I still get "unread"
announced correctly for an unread email, but nothing else is read aloud.
Arrowing down through messages I've already read results in JAWS being
completely silent. INSERT+UP ARROW to read current line reads nothing.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

I've emailed FS's support email address, and am awaiting a response.
-Paul