Re: Problem with New JAWS v16.0.4463 and Outlook 2010

Tom Lange

Hi Paul. I installed build 4463 and took it for a spin with Outlook 2010 on my Windows 8.1 machine and it worked fine. Everything read as I expected it too. I was, however, using the default view that I always use.

How is your Outlook view different from the default? Just curious.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 14, 2015, at 12:45 PM, Paul Martz via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi all. I have my Outlook mailbox views set up as grid views, one line per
message, with columns for attachment, sender, subject, received date, and
size. It's not the default view, but I imagine it's a fairly common
customization that many Outlook users employ.

Prior to today's v16.0.4463 upgrade, as I arrowed to each message, JAWS
would say the word "unread" if the message is unread, followed by the
sender's name, followed by the subject, received date, and size. Basically
it would read every column for the highlighted email message.

After the upgrade, this is no longer the case. I still get "unread"
announced correctly for an unread email, but nothing else is read aloud.
Arrowing down through messages I've already read results in JAWS being
completely silent. INSERT+UP ARROW to read current line reads nothing.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

I've emailed FS's support email address, and am awaiting a response.
-Paul