Re: Direct link to download page for today's JAWS 16 update
Gennie Eachus <geachus@...>
You have to press alt-n to activate the "bar". From there you can choose save. Don't activate open or run.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
From: Jfw [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of j Bron via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 12:04 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <email@example.com>
Cc: j Bron <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: RE: Direct link to download page for today's JAWS 16 update
I just tried downloading. I selected the proper 32 bit download and pressed enter. I was asked if I wanted to run or save download but there was no place to enter my decision. What am I doing wrong?
From: Jfw [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Tim Ford via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 12:25 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Tim Ford
Subject: Direct link to download page for today's JAWS 16 update
This link is the main download page, so you need to pick the link for either 32 or 64 bit versions. The download is version 16.0.4463.
And here is what the web page says about the new update:
Enhancements in JAWS 16.0.4463 (October 2015)
The following is a list of improvements made between the JAWS 16 July 2015 release and the October 2015 update.
list of 16 items
• Resolved reported issues where JAWS would not read the Start menu after upgrading to Windows 10.
• Improved JAWS performance with the Windows 10 Search feature which gains focus when the WINDOWS Key is pressed to open the Start menu.
• Improved how JAWS works with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM addin for Outlook.
• Addressed a customer reported issue where input fields inside a data table were being announced twice when navigated to using TAB in Firefox.
• Resolved a reported issue where JAWS was not detecting changes in content on certain web pages in Chrome unless INSERT+ESC was pressed first.
• Resolved an issue with live regions not being automatically read in Chrome.
• Resolved issues with the Time Search and Reuters Top News Stories Research It lookup sources not displaying results as expected.
• When performing a Say All in Microsoft Word, addressed a customer reported issue where JAWS would continuously read the same line in certain documents.
• In Excel 2013, addressed an issue where JAWS would not read as expected and Excel would appear to become unresponsive after moving a row.
• Addressed issues related to sluggishness in Excel.
• The scripts for Microsoft Office 2016 are now properly named so they load as expected with JAWS 16.
• This release includes updated drivers from Eurobraille to enable JAWS to work with the Esytime display.
• Resolved a customer reported issue where JAWS remote authorization was not working as expected when using a timed license.
• Resolved multiple issues using reports received through the Error Reporting feature in JAWS.
• Addressed an issue with the Spanish version of JAWS where the wrong Braille table was being used after updating, or the Startup Wizard was not completed after a full install.
• Addressed issues with JAWS not properly reading Hebrew, even when Windows is properly configured to display Hebrew text.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Jfw mailing list
Jfw mailing list