From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Pablo Morales via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2015 12:18 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: Pablo Morales; TechTalk@groups.io; blindtech@groups.io
Subject: keystrokes vs virtual ribbons

Using the virtual ribbon, there is a way to know what are the keystrokes
associated with each item in the ribbons?

Use the ribbons helps a lot to understand the structure of the ribbons, with
the virtual ribbon off, is time consuming and is very easy to get lost
navigating with the tab key only. But with the virtual ribbons on, the
keystrokes doesn't work, and sometimes I don't know what is worse, if the
virtual ribbons on or off. But if I need to get to a place in the ribbon, I
have no way to learn the keystrokes, only deactivating the virtual ribbons
and pressing tab many many times, and probably getting lost.

So I see both ways very inconvenient.

Is there a way to get the keystrokes and at the same time keeping the logic
structure of the ribbons,?

I am trying to teach people to use MS word, and excel, but the ribbons is
very hard to make them understand the structure of each ribbons, but the
ribbon as unique tool using these programs is not going to be so efficient
in the future either.

So there is a way to get the keystrokes when we are navigating through the
virtual ribbons, and like this once we know where and what is the structure
of the ribbons, just use the keystrokes associated with each item on the
ribbons?

Thanks