Re: New Word Document In Columns

G Melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Good toknow

Sent from TypeMail

On Oct 5, 2015, 12:07 AM, at 12:07 AM, Steve Griffiths via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hi Mike,

I've got Word 2013, and the way I would do this is to go to the Page
Layout tab on the ribbon and choose Columns. I don't use the virtual
ribbons, so the keystrokes for this are Alt, P, J.

That gives me a menu from which I can choose the number of columns.

Be aware that if you read back a document with columns in Page Layout
view and you move by line, you'll only get the first column. Options
are to read by paragraph of put the document into Draft view, and then
you'll get it all.

Steve

---
Steve Griffiths
Senior Assistive Technology Assistant
Working from home in Lancaster
E: steve.griffiths@guidedogs.org.uk
T: 0746 871 1921

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Mike B.
via Jfw
Sent: 05 October 2015 05:50
To: JFW List <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Mike B. <mb69mach1@charter.net>
Subject: New Word Document In Columns

Hi All,

An acquaintance is trying to do the following running Windows 7, J16, &
Word
2010:

I would like to set a blank document page up to be written in columns.
I want to just be able to start typing at the top, have the information
confined to the first column, and when I hit the bottom of that column,
have the cursor automatically jump to the top of the second column and
continue as though I hadn't ever finished the page. Does that make
sense?

Does anyone have steps on how the above can be performed? All help
will be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool. Go Dodgers!