From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne via
Jfw
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2015 7:52 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Ann Byrne
Subject: Re: Excel shortcut key help

I'm not sure this is what you are looking for. Maybe. ...

To create a JAWS file that will speak the column names 1. Move the cursor to
the row with the column headers.
2. Press--altogether now!--insert-control-alt-c.

this creates a .jsi file in JFW. To have Excel assign bookmarks to the
column headers while using JAWS 1. Move the cursor to the row with the
headers.
2. Press alt-m, then m again.JAWS will say "define name ...'
3. Press enter.
4. Type 'column title' and press enter.

Good luck!

At 09:10 AM 10/4/2015, you wrote:
Okay, I am having a brain fade moment. What is the shortcut keystroke
to name columns in Excel? I got totally lost when I found the
instructions on giving the worksheet names and cell coordinates and the
like. Would anyone be able to help out?

Thanks,

Lee Anne