Re: Downloading files in Windows 7 and above, versus Windows XP

Peter Tesar

I use Windows 7 and Firefox.

When the download is in progress, I use the CTRL+j hotkey. This puts me into the current and past downloads list. The current download will be in progress.

Peter
On 2015-10-01 7:10 AM, Jacob via Jfw wrote:
When you click download you hit Alt+N to decide if you want t! run or save. Tab once and at the save button arrow down once to he save as buttun and press Enter. On some links you can also use the context key and chose save destatination as... but it'll only work if it's a direct link to the file.

OZ0TE Jacob

On 1. okt. 2015 at 12.54 Dave Durber via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hello everyone:

Is there a way in browsers for Windows 7 and above to display a dialog box, similar to that in Windows Xp. If there is, what is the procedure for doing that.

If there is not such a procedure for doing the above, how can one change the default download location, to one of your choice?

Thank you for any help regarding the above questions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber