From: Ann Byrne via Jfw
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Ann Byrne
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:34 AM
Subject: RE: how to fix issue with Word 2010 on saving

The thing it wants to save is not the open
document, but the template, normal.dotx, behind
it. You shouldn't lose your data. Normal.dotx
is the template you get when you open a blank
document. It has line spacing set to single,
margins an inch on all sides, and so on. I don't
know what triggers Word's opinion that I have
made changes effecting this template, and when I
have saved it out of frustration I don't find any
difference in my new documents. I have never
lost data by saying 'no'. I usually press escape
twice, which then gives me a choice to 'yes or
no' save the template, and I say no and go on
about my business. Rebooting fixes it, though.

At 07:04 AM 9/30/2015, you wrote:
I had never encountered this message until
recently. I have now had it happen on both a
Windows 8 and a Windows 7 machine, both running
Word 2010. Sometimes the error is persistent
until reboot, and sometimes, if I do SAVE AS,
using a different file name, the problem goes
away. I have found no way of predicting when the
problem will happen. It seems almost to be
random. It is disconcerting. The threat of
losing edits in a 60 page document is
disquieting -- to say the least. -----Original
Message----- From: Jfw
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf
Of Feliciano Godoy via Jfw Sent: Wednesday,
September 30, 2015 12:28 AM To: The Jaws for
Windows support list. Cc: Feliciano Godoy
Subject: Re: how to fix issue with Word 2010 on
saving Strange. What if you open that document
and select all the text and copy it to the
clipboard then paste that text onto a new blank
document then save the file. Will you still
experience this message once you begin working
with this new document that you have just
created? Regards,Feliciano For tech tips and
updates, LIKE www.facebook.com/theblindman12v
Follow www.twitter.com/theblindman12v bb > On
Sep 29, 2015, at 7:58 PM, Tom Macha via Jfw
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote: > > Hello, Word
2010 has started to display, â?oThis file is
already in > use. Please rename file.â?� Upon
looking in the dialog box it display, >
â?onormalâ?� as a file name. I am running word
2010 and Windows 10. I went > into the options
on word and looked under, â?oSavingâ?� and
checked to > ensure that the files were saving
as, â?oWord .dox.â?� If someone could > help
with this that would be great. Thanks, Tom
An HTML attachment was > scrubbed... > URL: >
20150929/c2b35c52/attachment.html> >