Re: Keyboard recommendation

Mr. Eyeball (AccessTelevision.tv Gmail)

What you want to look out for is a keyboard with the Applications key!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Justin
Mc.devitt via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2015 3:36 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Justin Mc.devitt
Subject: Keyboard recommendation

Hello listmembers:

For a month or so now, I have been using a Dell laptop which was issued to
me by AmeriCorps, the parent organization of a Career Education /social
services organization that I will begin working for on Oct 5.

I have become somewhat used to the smaller keys on the laptop. However, I
seem to be making more typos with this smaller built-in keyboard, then with
the traditional USB connected keyboards that I have used with my home PC,
(which have larger keys.)

I want to use a keyboard that will promote and benefit efficiency, comfort
and competence, where there is some height difference between the individual
keyboard rows.

One of the JFW tech support staff at Freedom Scientific recommended the
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 Bluetooth Keyboard which includes a
built-in palm pad.

A tech savvy friend of mine recommended the Microsoft 4000 series keyboard,
(USB only) because from a visual perspective, it looks to be more ergonomic,
with larger key position keys.

If anyone uses either of these two keyboards, or has a recommendation from
another manufacturer, this would really be appreciated.

Best,

Justin McDevitt