Re: latest firefox version that supports adobe flash player

Robert Logue

I set flash to ask to activate and now have to put up with a prompt that doesn't read with Jaws so I did a jaws ocr to read it.

Allow youtube comtorun AdobeFlash? Continueplockng allow

On 9/21/2015 6:50 PM, Brad Martin via Jfw wrote:
No, it's not a security issue. Like I said, if you had said you were getting an error that Flash was disabled, that would have been the problem.

I have noticed that Firefox seems to crash a bit with video embedded sites lately. Honestly, what I've found that helped me was installing an add-on called Adblock. I installed it at the recommendation of a friend, but when I did, almost all my crashing problems stopped. You can download it at www.getadblock.com if you want it. It has fixed most of my issues.

Brad

On 9/20/2015 10:15 PM, douglas richard dexheimer wrote:
I can still listen to the stations or videos in question on my iphone; sometimes when I get a crash message in FF (on my win7 computer using nvda) I try the link in my ot her browsers--sometimes it works, other times not. other browsers may get unresponsive, or show the controls but no sound is heard from the embedded player. I'll get a message like "embedded object unavailable." why would flash's security diminish with later versions of firefox--i.e., why did those sites work in earlier ff versions on my older windows xp computer, but not in the current version on my new windows 7 machine?

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net

On 9/20/2015 9:28 PM, Brad Martin wrote:
Sorry you didn't get my response from a few days ago. Trying again...

What I wrote regarding Firefox 40.0.3 was:

That should work. I thought you were going to say the buttons weren't
reading for you correctly, because that is often the case with Firefox.
Flash reads
better with Internet Explorer. If you're getting a message that Flash is
disabled, it suggests that there is a security flaw in Flash and Firefox
is blocking
access to it until Adobe releases a patched version of Flash. If it's
crashing, that's a beast of another color.

Brad
brad@formyfriends.org

On 9/20/2015 8:58 PM, douglas richard dexheimer via Jfw wrote:
did anyone get this yet? I've gotten no response so far.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net

On 9/15/2015 3:22 PM, douglas richard dexheimer wrote:
using firefox 40.0.3; what is the latest version that supports afp? on
some websites that use flash content (youtube, spotify, live365, video
streaming sites with embedded objects or players, etc.) I get a popup
saying the adobe flash plug-in has crashed. the same site may or may
not work on other browsers such as IE, chrome or webbIE. uninstalling
and reinstalling afp didn't improve things. thanks for your feedback.
Brad Martin
My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons and deals: