Re: antivirus again

Jane Withers <pitre4@...>

It is also not a very robust protection.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Peter Tesar
via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:28 AM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Peter Tesar
Subject: Re: antivirus again

Hello,

An alternative to getting 3rd anti virus software is to use the
MicroSoft software.

For Windows 7 install the MS Essentials from the MS web site. Be sure to
uninstall any anti virus software before installingthe MS product.

On Windows 10 it is MS Defender.

You should turn on the Windows firewall if you don't have any 3rd party
firewall protection.

The advantage of using the MS product is that it will be updated
frequently.
This is not perfect but it is free, and JAWS accessible.

If you are a proficient PC user, you already take precautions like not
opening suspicious eMails or links.

Other anti virus software have accessibility problems.

Peter T.

On 2015-09-18 10:49 PM, Jim Hamilton via Jfw wrote:
Well, I can tell you that I have Kaspersky, which was installed by a
techie
friend of mine. Apparently, it is 1 of the top rated such programmes,
but,
I have absolutely no JAWS interface with it!

I added Malwarebytes(anti-malware), which is more accessible than some
other
such programmes, for extra protection. However, I would still prefer to
find a "total solution" which is accessible. So, I will be checking out
Webroot and Viper.

Does anyone have any comparative information regarding the accessibility
of
these 2 products?

Jim H