JAWS scripting

Guy Schlosser

Hi all, if this isn’t the right place to post this, please excuse it and direct me where to send this inquiry. I just got a new job at a Teleperformance organization called Alliance One. They use a software package called Facs Work station, and while it works reasonably well, there are some issues. The first, I’m trying to write a script that tells me the client’s name and balance before I call them. The information is at the top of the window, in read only edit boxes that are not tabable. I use the find string function in my script, but it doesn’t always retrieve an accurate result. Secondly, there is a manual dialer window that pops up when you hit shift+f-12, and I’m wondering if I can automate finding this box and moving focus to the edit box where I can enter the phone number. Last but not least, is there a way to make a list box read that JAWS does not read with the PC cursor? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it would help me speed up doing my job tremendously.

Thanks,

Guy