Re: Uninstalling older versions of JAWS... Using "Narrator"

HAMILTON

Peter:

Sorry! I thought that I was replying to the JFW list. I have been assuming
that ctrol+r would reply to the "list"; but, this must be a mistake. From
now on, I will use ctrol+shift+r to ensure that my response goes to the
whole list. Thanks.

In fact, I too have learned much from the questions and answers I have seen,
and others have made the same comment. As long as one picks the topics
wisely, one could learn much from these "discussions". However, I must say
that this list serve is burning up my iPhone's data plan - only 300 MBs.
monthly. Right now, I have my iPhone settings to retrieve e-mail manually
so that I can download my e-mails in a WIFI environment.

Jim H

P.S.: If you used to live in Toronto, I am pretty sure that we met several
times during the '80s and '90s. I seem to recall running into you, at least
once, at the Royal York Subway station, back in the day, and on other
ocasions as well. A couple of other listers' names seem quite familiar
also. Small world! Cheers.

Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 22:13:50 -0400
From: Jim Hamilton <jim.hamilton@rogers.com>
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
CC: 'Peter Tesar' <ptesar@ca.inter.net>

Thanks for the heads-up; but, I have never used "Narrator", even though I
think that Windows 8.1 has this feature.

Is there a "users' guide" for using this feature? If so, how does one find
it? Will this feature allow one to resolve some problems caused by not
being able to totally access the screen with the PC, JAWS, and/or the Touch
Cursor?

Now, regarding "leaving everything to the default" during Windows 10 set-up,
were these the dialogue check boxes regarding what information you were
willing to "send to Microsoft"? If so, you might want to revisit these
boxes to uncheck them. However, someone else will have to tell you how to
do this as I am not all that technically inclined, and have never done a
"Windows installation" myself.

On the subject of installing Windows 10, there was a message, from 1 of the
listers, that gave very clear directions on how to avoid giving away your
"privacy" to Microsoft. If the person who sent that message is seeing this,
perhaps she/he could resend those instructions. I have no intention of
installing Windows 10 for some time yet - not until "most" of the bugs have
been worked out, and after JAWS 17 has been released - for a while, to be
sure. So, I did not hang on to that message at the time.

Jim H

Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:29:52 -0400
From: Jim Hamilton <jim.hamilton@rogers.com>
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
CC: 'Peter Tesar' <ptesar@ca.inter.net>

How did you get JAWS to restart after it stopped with the first system
reboot during the Windows 10 installation process?

Jim H

On 2015-09-08 12:22 PM, Michael Mote via Jew wrote:
Hi folks! It's been awhile, and I can't remember the best way to
uninstall
older versions of JAWS. Should I leave behind the shared components or
uninstall them too? Any suggestions?