Re: How to do a JAWS repair

Dacia Cole

Hi,

No,

Here's how you do it.

Once you've copied the file to your c drive do the following.

Enter the run dialog box by pressing alt r then shift tab until you
find the browse button and hit enter on it.

Then go to your c drive and press enter on that. Tab to the list view
and press j until you hear j16 or whatever version you have. Once you
hear that, tab to the open button and press enter. Don't press enter
until you get to the open button. Once you press the open button
you should see the path listed in an edit box. arrow once to the left
and you should hear the letter e then arrow once to the right and you
should be at the end. Once you there, type the following exactly like
this. I've put spaces where they need to be. /type repair so you type
the slash key and then the word type then hit the space bar and type
the word repair. Once you've done that, hit enter and the repair
should begin. It will take several minutes. Mine gave me progress
reports, but apparently that's not always the case.

I hope this helps.

Dacia

On 9/9/15, Maria Campbell via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Please let me know if this works for updating for you so I can try it as
well.

On 9/9/2015 12:37 PM, Dacia Cole via Jfw wrote:
Hi,
I just got done talking to the freedom scientific people, because I was
having a hard time typing in the right path to do the repair. He reminded
me of something that I had forgotten. There is a browse button in the
dialog box for the run dialogue, if you'd use that, and then choose the
jaws 16 file or whatever version you are running, and tab to the open
button, then it will already put the path in there so you don't have to.
Once you have hit open, shift tab once and make sure you are at the end of
the path because it will say.exp at the end. Once you know you were there,
press the and press the/key then the word type with no spaces then hit the
and type the word repair and then hit enter. You have to do it like that,
or it won't work. I hope these directions made sense. If you have
questions, let me know. It will say EE XE at the end of the path not exp

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2015, at 10:40 AM, Bill White via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
wrote:

Yes, it is not something which is tied to Windows 10 only.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Hamilton via Jfw"
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>