Re: detecting formatting in word 2013 especially paragraphs

HAMILTON

HI:

As usual, I have a "take charge/control" approach to this kind of thing.
First, I go into JAWS Keyboard Manager. I find the section that allows you
to read things like "Prior" and "next", regarding "word", sentence" and
"paragraph. I then set keystrokes for each. For example, in my case, I
have ctrl+numpad Home", set for previous paragraph, ctrl+numpad up arrow for
"current paragraph" and ctrl+numbad "page up" for "next paragraph". But,
that's just how "I" like it. You can set it up as you wish - or, use the
JAWS values, if there are any already set forth for these settings.

In your case, I would then move to the "select..,." part of this Keyboard
Manager list, and set shift+ctrl+numpad "page up" for selecting the "next
paragraph", assuming that I wish to select, and copy/cut and paste my "next
paragraph, as my keystrokes to accomplish this. Then, I can move it
anywhere, and make whatever editing changes I want to make to that paragraph
- as it seems you wish to do.

Frankly, I do not know the other suggestions that have been put forward to
this question. However, as I mentioned, I like to "be in charge", and I
prefer this kind of approach. And, once these Keyboard Manager setting
changes have been made, I can do what I want, editing-wise, without worrying
about what I may need to do with the word/sentence/paragraph after moving
it.

Good luck. You will find what works best for you, and that may not be the
same as what works for me!

JimH