Re: language question

Nicole Massey <nyyki@...>

I'd probably tell it to pronounce it as zhahn or zhauhn. Thought it's going to have difficulty in differentiating it from when it talks about Jean Stapleton or the actress Jean Simmons, not to mention of any blue jean pants or skirts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Sandra
Streeter via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 8:54 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Sandra Streeter
Subject: language question

Hi, all:

Is there a way to get JAWS to replicate the French soft J sound, as in
“Jean Valjean”? I was trying to change its pronunciation of that name
in the dictionary manager program, but couldn’t get it to pronounce it
as I knew it should be pronounced. Any pointers, appreciated! Thanks!

Sandra
“To love another person is to se the face of God.”
(Les Miserables--the musical)