language question

Sandra Streeter

Hi, everyone,

Continuing to solve this mystery—someone suggested a variant spelling to use, but it already didn’t work in the post, so that’s out. However, someone else suggested experimenting with the grave-accent. I am betraying my age here, but when I was taking high school French, I had the dubious and tedious task of hand-typing the accents half a space above the letters—yes, on a Smith Corona! I have never yet learned how to produce the various accents using a computer—so, if anyone would like to send me a list, I would be so-o-o grateful! If this verges on off-topic, feel free to email me. I will have more ammo for getting JAWS to reproduce the French pronunciations—thanks in advance for new suggestions!

Thanks!

Sandra
“To love another person is to se the face of God.”
(Les Miserables--the musical)