I had that problem for a long time on some websites, but it hasn't happened to me in months! When I used to have that problem, it was generally when I had a tab open (but I wasn't on that tab), and that tab kept refreshing itself. When it refreshed, Firefox would start to read it and JAWS would act like I was on that tab, but in fact, I wasn't and interacting with the screen I thought was in front of me didn't work. But again, I can't remember the last time I had that problem.

Oddly, tonight my Firefox started crashing, and I realized my Adblock add-on had been disabled.

Brad

On 8/31/2015 9:12 PM, Russell Solowoniuk via Jfw wrote:
I am finding that Firefox 40 keeps switching from one open tab to another without me doing anything but reading a page. It’s quite annoying. It also takes a very long time to load some web pages.

Is anyone else finding Firefox switching tabs on its own?

Thanks,

Russell
On Aug 31, 2015, at 6:06 PM, Gennie Eachus via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Yes, Have had this problem for several days. Firefox keeps crashing and has
to restart. Control-l let me type one web address, but when I tried
control-l for another address, it wouldn't work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Tom Behler via
Jfw
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 6:48 PM
To: Jaws users list <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>; 'The Jaws for Windows
support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Tom Behler <tombehler@gmail.com>
Subject: Firefox 40 question

Hello, everyone.

Typically, with Firefox, I use the control L command, after which I can
paste a web site address into the edit box, and hit enter. I'm then able to
open The web site from that point.

However, I'm finding that the control L command no longer works with
Firefox 40.

Has anyone noticed this change, and are there good work-arounds?

I have gotten to the point where I actually prefer Firefox to Internet
Explorer for accessing and navigating web sites, so this apparent change in
Firefox behavior is somewhat disconcerting.

I'm using Jaws 16 and Windows 7 here.

Thank you.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan