Re: JAWS and Punctuation

Mario

Mike, you beat me to it, but I was gonna write:

make sure the key combination you want to use for toggling through the levels of punctuation is not used for anything else.
you can do this by pressing this combination before starting these steps.
if JAWS just announces the keys and nothing happens, it's ok to proceed.

select and copy the following with a control+c into the windows clipboard:

Script TogglePunctuation ()
Say (PunctuationToggle (false), ot_no_disable)
EndScript

press insert+0 to start the script manager.
press control+shift+d to load the default script file.
press the control+end key to move to the end of the script.
press the enter twice to add blank lines.
press control+v to paste the script block previously copied.
press the left cursor once key to move in to the script.
press control+d to open the properties for the script.
press tab once and make sure the checkbox is checked.
press tab a few times to where a hotkey can be assigned.
press the keys you want to use.
press the tab key to and activate the OK button.
finally, press control+s to save and compile your addition to the default script.
hopefully , the entire script will recompile just fine.
it's alot to follow but it's the way I know to ensure it works.

On 8/30/2015 2:09 PM, Mike B. via Jfw wrote:
Hi Adrian & List Members,

Steps for, Assigning A Keystroke To Adjust Punctuation On The Fly

1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the Jaws Manager.
2. Goto Keyboard Manager and press enter.
3. Navigate to Default, & then tab 1 time to get into the list of
options.
4. In the Default keyboard manager list navigate to Set Punctuation Level
If it says none. That means there has not been a keystroke assigned.
5. Press the Alt key to open the menues, & right arrow to Action. Then down
arrow to Add Keystroke, & press enter. Or press control + A which is the
shortcut for asigning a keystroke.
6. Insert a keystroke combination like control + dash for example. If the
combination is already being used for another command jaws will tell you.
Doing this in the Default Keyboard Manager, allows this keystroke to be used
in all aplications.
7. Tab to the Okay button, press the spacebar, then a dialogue will open
asking
if you are sure you want to modify the default JKM. Press the spacebar on
the Yes option.

Now, every time you press the control + dash keystroke it changes the
punctuation level. So press the control + dash keystroke until you hear
the punctuation level you want.

If you ever want to change or remove the keystroke, simply repeat the above
steps.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool. Go Dodgers!