Re: JAWS and regions

Adrian Spratt

To do which, Ann? Remove block text announcements? Correct, it doesn't, as I've just confirmed. But you can find it with the settings center search function.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 10:10 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Ann Byrne
Subject: RE: JAWS and regions

Insert-spacebar, then J doesn't show a command to do this.
At 08:50 AM 8/29/2015, you wrote:
Hi. I know you can stop JAWS from making "block text" announcements.
I just went to the JAWS settings center (JAWS key+6 on the number
row) in hope of finding a similar control for "region"
announcements. However, although a search produced the "block text"
option, I couldn't figure out where that option is located in the
setting center. If you can, maybe you'll find a similar control
there for "region" announcements.

My question now is how you can conveniently locate a topic such as
"block text" within the settings center structure once you confirm
it exists through the search function.