From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Brad Martin
via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:11 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Brad Martin <brad@formyfriends.org>
Subject: Re: MFC recommendations that work with PC and thus I can use Jaws

You didn't say if you needed a printer that does color or not. I have a
Brother MFC-2740DW which comes with Brother's software, called Control
Center 4. It takes just a little getting used to, but I can control
nearly everything about this printer once it's set up properly. It's
fantastic. I haven't specifically tried envelopes on it, but I don't
expect I would have any problems. Pretty much all the controls read with
JAWS. I have found that if I create custom presets for functions, the
labels that I assign to them don't read. But that's the only thing that
stands out to me as iffy. This device has a touchscreen, but I just
don't use it. I can copy and scan from the computer using Control Center
4, and JAWS handles it fine. Note: I chose the 2740 because it can scan
both sides of a document in one pass. If that's not important to you,
the other Brother models in that line all come with Control Center,
including the MFC-L2700DW, and the DCP models if you don't need Fax
capability. I've been pleased.

Brad

On 8/27/2015 5:31 PM, Lauren via Jfw wrote:
Hi:

I currently have a Canon laser MFC that allows me to print, scan, copy and
fax - all features I need. However, to print an envelope, I have to do
many
steps on the printer, which is nearly impossible to always replicate being
totally blind.

Can anyone recommend a laser MFC that would enable me to control
everything
from the computer?

Sincerely,

Lauren