Re: Volume for YouTube with IE11

Maria Campbell

I'm probably mixing apples with oranges and you are probably right.
That's what happens when one isn't too swift.

On 8/26/2015 4:02 PM, Bissett, Tom via Jfw wrote:
Hi Maria, Doesn't that change how the machine handles the volume rather than changing the youtube player volume control?
Tom Bisset
-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Maria Campbell via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:33 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Maria Campbell
Subject: Re: Volume for YouTube with IE11

If you have Windows 7 and possibly higher, you can access the YouTube volume as follows.
Go to system tray and find speaker icon and press enter on volume mixer.
Then tab to volume for YouTube and raise or lower with up or down arrows.

On 8/26/2015 3:06 PM, Adrian Spratt via Jfw wrote:
The other day I posted a query after losing lost all sound on YouTube when using IE11 as my browser. I now have the solution, though it isn't a good one.

Several people offered suggestions, but nothing worked. Keep in mind that I could get sound on other websites with IE11, and I could also get sound on YouTube with Firefox. In my query, I noted that JAWS showed a volume panel for YouTube that it didn't detect when IE11 was the browser.

I've now confirmed that the solution is to raise the volume on the YouTube page when using IE11. Since this setting is not accessible, it required asking someone with sight.