From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
via Jfw
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:46 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@AdrianSpratt.com>
Subject: Volume for YouTube in IE

Hi. In the past week or two, I no longer get sound on YouTube when using
IE11. I do get sound on YouTube with Firefox, but I'm experiencing problems
with FF and want to keep IE as my default. Any ideas? Here's what I can add.

In Firefox, JAWS detects You tube's volume slider. It does not do so when I
have IE11 loaded.

With YouTube running on IE, I open the "Adjust system volume" dialog and
tab over until IE is verbalized. The volume level is at 72%. The next tab
takes me to a button that says "unmute," implying volume is muted in IE. I
press enter, the dialog disappears, but still no sound. (all the while I
have a lengthy item playing in YouTube.)

Sound is working in every other application.

So, again, any ideas?