From: "Adrian Spratt via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@AdrianSpratt.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:45 AM
Subject: Volume for YouTube in IE

Hi. In the past week or two, I no longer get sound on YouTube when using IE11. I do get sound on YouTube with Firefox, but I'm experiencing problems with FF and want to keep IE as my default. Any ideas? Here's what I can add.

In Firefox, JAWS detects You tube's volume slider. It does not do so when I have IE11 loaded.

With YouTube running on IE, I open the "Adjust system volume" dialog and tab over until IE is verbalized. The volume level is at 72%. The next tab takes me to a button that says "unmute," implying volume is muted in IE. I press enter, the dialog disappears, but still no sound. (all the while I have a lengthy item playing in YouTube.)

Sound is working in every other application.

So, again, any ideas?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12148 (20150825) __________

http://www.eset.com