Re: How to Get an "Applications Key" on a Lenovo Laptop?
Ed Marquette <marquette.ed@...>
Well, the keystroke to change the key assignment is not controltoggle quoted messageShow quoted text
plus a. It is control plus h.
The above is true in theory; however, as I try to use it, whether
by keypress or from the menu, I find it is "unavailable."
From: Jfw [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of
Negoslav Sabev via Jfw
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 1:51 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Negoslav Sabev
Subject: Re: How to Get an "Applications Key" on a Lenovo Laptop?
Here is a very easy way to remap the print screen key on Lenovo
1. Press insert+8 on the number row from anywhere. JFW keyboard
manager will open.
2. Press ctrl+alt+d to load the default .jkm file. You should hear
that the default file is loaded.
3. Be sure that you are on the default section by pressing insert+
4. tab once to enter the list of script key assignments.
5. Find "SendApplicationKey" by pressing the first few letters.
6. Press alt+h to open the dialog for changing the key assignment.
7. press the print screen key to assign it.
8. Press tab to go to ok and enter to confirm it.
9. Press ctrl+s to save and alt+f4 to close.
On 8/21/15, Ed Marquette via Jfw <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
This depends on which Lenovo model you are using. You cansometimes
swap the insert key and the applications key. Since insert isthe
typical insert key, that may not be entirely desirable; however,with
the laptop keyboard, the capslock key becomes the JAWS key.Depending
upon personal preference, this may be a good way to get both aJAWS
key, which you absolutely need, and an applications key, whichis
useful. I don't think I've ever found a use for the printscreen key.
Haetir via JfwLaptop?
click but that is even more cumbersome than shift+f10.
aalways, but often.
actmousestandard keyboard. The Applications Key functions like a rightKey?click. So, how does someone do this without an ApplicationsOr, perhaps better, how can someone make a key on the Lenovo
likehthe Applications Key?
Jfw mailing list