From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of
Negoslav Sabev via Jfw
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 1:51 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Negoslav Sabev
Subject: Re: How to Get an "Applications Key" on a Lenovo Laptop?

Hi,

Here is a very easy way to remap the print screen key on Lenovo
with JFW.

1. Press insert+8 on the number row from anywhere. JFW keyboard
manager will open.
2. Press ctrl+alt+d to load the default .jkm file. You should hear
that the default file is loaded.
3. Be sure that you are on the default section by pressing insert+
up arrow.
4. tab once to enter the list of script key assignments.
5. Find "SendApplicationKey" by pressing the first few letters.
6. Press alt+h to open the dialog for changing the key assignment.
7. press the print screen key to assign it.
8. Press tab to go to ok and enter to confirm it.
9. Press ctrl+s to save and alt+f4 to close.

HTH
Negoslav

On 8/21/15, Ed Marquette via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
This depends on which Lenovo model you are using. You can
sometimes
swap the insert key and the applications key. Since insert is
the
typical insert key, that may not be entirely desirable; however,
with
the laptop keyboard, the capslock key becomes the JAWS key.
Depending
upon personal preference, this may be a good way to get both a
JAWS
key, which you absolutely need, and an applications key, which
is
pretty handy.
The insert key, when it is not the JAWS key, is pretty useless.
Though, I would love to replace the print screen key with
something
useful. I don't think I've ever found a use for the print
screen key.