Re: Safely Remove Hardware question

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Tom. In case the Safely Remove Hardware option doesn't show up in your System Tray, Here's how to get the Safely Remove Hardware back into your System Tray. As someone else said, this is only good for "hard" drives, not flash drives.

If you want to remove a flash drive, find the appropriate drive letter within Computer, press Applications Key, and Up or Down Arrow to Eject Drive, and press Enter.

To always show all icons in the system tray

1. Open the Start menu with the Windows key

2. Press escape followed by Alt Enter.

3. Tab to the Notification / Customize button and press Enter.

4. Check the checkbox for always turn on all icons and press Enter.

5. Tab to Okay and press Enter.

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com