From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 7:02 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Adrian Spratt
Subject: RE: Safely Remove Hardware question

I got the impression that Tom's system tray isn't showing the "safely
remove" option. If that's the case, Tom, you might post again with that
specific question. Several sets of instructions have been posted in the past
on how to get JAWS to reveal it.

Dave, I've heard much the same thing. But, ever nervous about corrupting
files, I do the following:

Close the window showing the drive of the SD card, etc., that I want to
remove. (This is consistent with your closing all applications using that
card, disc, etc.)

Go to system tray with JAWS key+F11.

Press s until "system tray" is verbalized. On my system (Win7, 64-bit),
that's just one press.

Press enter, then arrow down until the name of the item to be removed is
spoken. Press enter again.

Then JAWS verbalizes something like "Safe to remove" and I feel comfortable
ejecting the item.

From: "Tom Behler via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>