Re: I can't read my Firefox passwords

Delaunay Christophe

Hi Adrian,

Many thanks for your fast response.

Here is a copy of what I get back when virtualizing the window, then select all, then "copy", then "paste" into any text editing window:

----- Begin of extracted text -----
Saved Passwords frame
Search: Alt+Shift+S S earch: Alt+Shift+SPasswords for the following sites are stored on your computer:
Remove Alt+Shift+R
Remove All Alt+Shift+A
Hide Passwords Alt+Shift+P
Close Alt+Shift+C
----- End of extracted text -----

So, no URL, no user name, no password. Moreover, if I query jaws about what controls are in the currently displayed page, I hear "Four buttons and no link".

This is thhe reason why I finally decided to post my request. Many thanks for any help. Have a nice day. Chris D

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt via Jfw
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:19 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Adrian Spratt
Subject: RE: I can't read my Firefox passwords

Have you tried virtualizing the window with JAWS key+alt+w? If it works, you'll be able to navigate with your arrow keys. What I normally do is select all, then copy into a document so I can look over the information at leisure.

You'll need to press escape to exit this window.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Delaunay Christophe via Jfw
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:35 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. (jfw@lists.the-jdh.com)
Cc: Delaunay Christophe
Subject: I can't read my Firefox passwords

Hi all,

Since I can't remember one of the passwords I'm using on a given website, I tried to display the list of passwords which are recorded by my browser, Mozilla Firefox 38.0.1.

I opened the tools menu, then options submenu and selected "Security" on the options listbox. Then, I pressed the "Saved passwords" button. A dialog box was displayed, in which I pressed the "Show passwords" button. I confirmed by pressing the "Yes" button but I could not read anything, neither in braille, nor with speech.

My computer is running windows 7 64 bits and jaws 13. What should I do please?

Many thanks in advance. Have a nice day. Chris D

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.