Re: How do I get to where I can paste some JAWS script files?

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

There are 3 reasons to add a script as a user setting (instead of a shared
setting), at least 3 that I can think of.

1. If you have more than one user on your computer and they all want
different scripts for the same apps. Seems unlikely.
2. If your computer just has one user: You. In that case, it doesn't matter
if you add the script as a user setting or a shared setting.
3. If you plan to move to a new computer someday, some migration tools make
it easy to copy your settings to the new computer. Some of these tools
aren't so great at migrating shared settings.

In my case, I'm the only user on my machine, so I just add them as user
settings. I don't think I mess with shared settings at all. Lots of stuff
does end up getting added to shared settings (non-JAWS stuff), and I think
that happens automatically when various software gets installed.
-Paul