From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Michal Nowicki via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:29 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Michal Nowicki <mnowicki4@icloud.com>
Subject: RE: disabling forms mode

Hello Sandra,

Forms Mode is an absolutely necessary JAWS feature because without it, there would be no way to distinguish between typing on a web page and using navigation quick keys. For instance, if there were no forms mode, JAWS wouldn't know how to respond when you press the letter "h" because it wouldn't know whether you want to type an "h" or if you wish to move to the next heading on the page. This obviously is not an issue for sighted people because they navigate the web visually. I hope this clarifies why Forms Mode is an essential component of JAWS and other screen readers.

Michal