From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Sandra Streeter via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:54 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Sandra Streeter <sandrastreeter381@gmail.com>
Subject: disabling forms mode

Hello all:

I am a JAWS 16 user who has used JAWS for years. I’ve always found myself frustrated to have to press Enter anytime I want to start or stop entries in Forms Mode; sighted people can just type their info in, without the extra steps. Is there a way I could disable Forms Mode so that I could just type in the needed info? I am a fast typist and find that I go faster than the field can appear or disappear! It would be nice if, upon reaching a form field, JAWS could just say, “to field,” then you immediately type a person’s name, for instance... I’ve always been mystified about the purpose of Forms Mode: what issues was it designed to address? Any responses are appreciated.

Sandra
Sandra
“To love another person is to se the face of God.”
(Les Miserables--the musical)