From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Mark via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:57 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: Mark
Subject: Correction: How To Configure Either The Windows 10 or Windows 8
Shutdown Menu To Truly Turn Off Your Computer

Hello Everyone,

Joe is quite correct. I did use the incorrect term to describe how to truly
shut down a computer.

I should never compose emails after 11:00pm (smile).

Below you will find the steps as previously posted but with the correct
terminology. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

By the way, as to the question of should one disable the Fast-Startup
feature; the only reason this topic got on-list was because someone asked
why Jaws kept announcing itself when she/he shut down the PC.

The following steps will work in both Windows 10 and Windows 8.x in order to
disable the Fast-startup option. Doing this will allow your computer to
truly be shut-down as it was in Windows 7 and earlier.

To disable Fast-startup, do the following:

1.
Access Windows 10 Power Options. This can easily be achieved using several
methods:
a.
Right click in the lower left corner of the screen (or simultaneously press
the Windows + X keys). This will bring up an 'Admin' menu. Simply select
Power Options from that menu.
b.
From within the Desktop; navigate to Control Panel>Power Options.
Or c.
From within the Start Screen; type "power", click on Settings, and select
Power Options from the list of results:

2.
In the 'Power Options' window; click on Choose what the power buttons do
(from the left hand panel):

3.
In the new window; click on Change settings that are currently unavailable:

4.
Uncheck Fast-startup.

That's all there is to it.

Enjoy,