From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Mark via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, 12 August 2015 5:23 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Mark <facebookmark@candleshoreblog.com>
Subject: How To Configure Either The Windows 10 or Windows 8 Shutdown Menu
To Truly Turn Off Your Computer

Hello Everyone,

The following steps will work in both Windows 10 and Windows 8.x in order to
disable the Fast-User switching option. Doing this will allow your computer
to truly be shut-down as it was in Windows 7 and earlier.

To disable Fast-User Switching, do the following:

1.
Access Windows 10 Power Options. This can easily be achieved using several
methods:
a.
Right click in the lower left corner of the screen (or simultaneously press
the Windows + X keys). This will bring up an 'Admin' menu. Simply select
Power Options from that menu.
b.
From within the Desktop; navigate to Control Panel>Power Options.
Or c.
From within the Start Screen; type "power", click on Settings, and select
Power Options from the list of results:

2.
In the 'Power Options' window; click on Choose what the power buttons do
(from the left hand panel):

3.
In the new window; click on Change settings that are currently unavailable:

4.
Uncheck Fast user switching.

That's all there is to it.

Enjoy,