Re: How To Stop Windows 10 from Sharing Your Bandwidth With Others Without Your Permission

Brad Martin

Ouch. This is going to burn a lot of people who don't realize (1) they have a metered or capped connection and (2) other people are getting files from it. I have Comcast, and I have a 300 GB limit. I've never even gotten to 40 GB, so I wouldn't think anything of it until all these people start uploading files from me without my knowledge? Sure you can turn it off or mark your connection as metered, but most people aren't going to know that! Here's a more detailed explanation of what Mark's talking about. I don't like all this "opted in" stuff. You should have to opt in if you want it, not opt out if you don't. But that would require Microsoft to take your best interest into account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update-delivery-optimization-faq

Brad

On 8/11/2015 4:18 PM, Mark via Jfw wrote:
Hello My Fellow Windows 10 Users,

You know, I was becoming less and less enthusiastic about Windows 10 as it
does so many things, in terms of sharing our personal information, and now,
it seems, even our band-width without our expressed permission, until I
discovered how to control it's somewhat hidden options.

Please read the following, carefully, to discover how to disable this, in my
opinion, very unwelcomed feature.

Mark

How to Disable Windows 10 Update Delivery Optimization (WUDO)

By default, Windows 10 is using your bandwidth by way of a new 'feature'
called Windows Update Delivery Optimization (WUDO). In a nutshell, Windows
10 is uploading files in the background to other Windows 10 users. This
brief guide will explain how to disable the Windows Update Delivery
Optimization service.

1.
Click the Windows 10 "Start Button" and select Settings
2.
Select Update & security from the Settings menu.
3.
Click Advanced options
4.
Click Choose how updates are delivered
5.
Finally, toggle Updates from more than one place to Off
6.
All done!

Brad Martin