Re: Advice on Lenovo Laptop with JAWS

Michal Nowicki <mnowicki4@...>

On HP laptops, it is called Action Keys Mode. I don't know about Lenovo, though.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk via Jfw
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2015 4:09 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Advice on Lenovo Laptop with JAWS

Hi Richard,

When I bought my Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 last November I had the tech guys at the place I bought it, Future Shop, go into the BIOS and change the function key settings so that they revert to standard function key operation. I can’t quite recall exactly what this setting in the BIOS is called. Someone else already mentioned this, but I thought I’d suggest getting someone in the store where you purchase your laptop to do this for you.

Cheers,

Russell
On Aug 10, 2015, at 7:24 AM, Richard B. McDonald via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi!

I am getting a Lenovo laptop (L440). Could you please reply with any
hints, tips, tricks or precautions about using it with JAWS?

Many thanks,

Richard