Re: submitting tickets to Zendesk sites

Brad Martin

I have no idea if we're talking about the same thing or not. I just went to support.apple.com to see if I could find what your issue might be. Keep in mind I have no Apple products, so I couldn't go too far. I am using Firefox 39.0.3 and JAWS 15. But I said I wanted to contact support, and I then had to choose Get Started. There were a list of buttons to choose from. I chose Mac, and that gave me subcategories. I chose Desktop. I selected each by pressing the Spacebar on them. Then it gave me a whole new screen. I said my question was about Mail, so I pressed spacebar on Mail. Then another screen opened, and I really didn't know what I was trying to do since I don't have a question, so I closed the window. Is that of any help? Try spacebar to select an option if that's your problem. Sorry not to be more helpful.

Brad

On 8/9/2015 9:46 PM, Brent Harding via Jfw wrote:
Uber and Apple are two instances with categories. It isn't even accessible on iOS either, but I bet if I didn't have broken arrow keys that are remapped to unused keys in Windows, Safari probably works perfectly with it on OSX. I could be wrong about that though.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Martin via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Brad Martin" <brad@formyfriends.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2015 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: submitting tickets to Zendesk sites

Brent,

I'm afraid I'm not going to be any help to you. After I sent my previous message, it occurred to me (derf dederf derf) that I could access what I needed at home as easily as at work. We do use a vendor that uses Zendesk, but there are no dropdowns on their portal. There's an edit field for Subject, and edit field for Description, and an edit field for the name of the organization for which we work. Then there's a browse button in case we need to attach any files to the request, and then a submit button. So apparently the vendor doesn't use any categories. The last time I used Zendesk with a different vendor, we did have categories to select, but it wasn't a problem in 2011-2012. But I no longer have access to that instance of Zendesk. I suspect you're suffering from a move to a mobile friendly platform for Zendesk, which often breaks accessibility.

Sorry not to be of more help.

Brad

On 8/9/2015 3:39 PM, Brent Harding via Jfw wrote:
I need to submit a ticket to a site that uses Zendesk. However, whether I use JFW with Chrome or Firefox, or even try to do it on my phone with iOS, I can't get past the drop down boxes to select the category. They don't identify as any link or combo box for me to use them, and turning virtual cursor off lands me on the wrong category most of the time. Apple and Uber are just two examples of sites that use this. How can I get my ticket submitted?