From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Mario via Jfw
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2015 5:53 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: stubborn remnances

I didn't find any actual files, so I guess the ghosts will stay.
I wonder what causes them to show up if there isn't anything there? hmm...

On 8/9/2015 3:59 PM, Brad Martin via Jfw wrote:
It sounds like they're gone; the entries are just listed in Add/Remove
Programs? If you look in your Program Files (Or Program Files x86)
folders, can you find the actual programs themselves, or are those
just dead entries in the Programs & Features Control Panel? If they're
just dead entries, they're annoying to look at but shouldn't hurt
anything.

Brad

On 8/9/2015 2:42 PM, Mario via Jfw wrote:
after running the tool from fs to remove prior versions of JAWS, I
checked the programs and features applett and found:

Freedom Scientific Synthesizer Eloquence Freedom Scientific 7/ 13/
2015 10.9 MB 6.1.004
Freedom Scientific Talking Installer 13.0 Freedom Scientific 8/ 28/
2012 15.3 MB 13.0.1006.400
Freedom Scientific Talking Installer 14.0 Freedom Scientific 8/ 27/
2013 35.2 MB 14.0.6005.400
Freedom Scientific Video Intercept Freedom Scientific 8/ 27/ 2013
12.6.305.0

opting to uninstall the 13 talking installer, I got the following
which also happens with the 14 talking installer:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder
containing the installation package 'RuntimeJAWS.msi' in the box
below.
C:\Users\Mario\AppData\Local\Temp\
OK

The path
'C:\Users\Mario\AppData\Local\Temp\RuntimeJAWS.msi'
cannot be fo und. Verify that you have access to this
location and try again, or try to find the installation package
'RuntimeJAWS.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product
Freedom Scientific Talking Installer 13.0.
Cancel

The installation source for this product is not available. Verify
that the source exists and that you can access it.

I figure the Eloquence driver and Video Intercept are needed
components, so left those alone.

how to cleanly remove both talking installers?