From my Dell Latitude 630.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Behler" <tombehler@gmail.com>
To: "Jaws users e-mail list" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 15:08
Subject: Strange problem with Jaws and Microsoft Word

Hi, all.

I have just noticed a strange problem when using Jaws with my work computer
when in Microsoft Word.

When I am editing a document, all of the other characters speak except for
the space. In other words, when I hit the space bar, nothing happens. It
used to be that Jaws would say "blank", to indicate the existence of a blank
space.

I have never seen this happen before, and can't imagine why Jaws will not
speak this character.

Does anyone have suggestions for correcting this?

Just for the record, I'm using Jaws 11 with Windows XP and office 2007 at
work.

Thanks!

Tom from Michigan